Look, Book, Took is a form of guided discussion in which some of the St. David's Small Groups participate. Based on the gospel lesson/homily from the previous Sunday, our discussions use the following format:
- We begin with some silent time, which is then followed by the group leader reading the opening collect (prayer). We then share a brief time of "highs and lows" about our previous week.
- Next we launch into the "Look" part of the discussion. This 'looks at' an issue and/or asks questions that are relevant to the passage - e.g. if the passage is about Jesus asking us to love our neighbor, the question might read: "Describe a loving act that you have recently observed". It is a time of sharing prior to getting into the "Book".
- The "Book” is the Gospel reading from the previous Sunday. The written passage is read out loud. Following this, the group answers some questions regarding the passage.
- We finish with The "Took" part of the discussion which asks more questions aimed at helping us examine how we might 'take the lessons' from the passage out into our world, our workplace, our home, our community.
- Finally, we close in prayer.
Click on a link below to view the Look, Book, Took for that week.